Since 2021 , the veterinarians and support staff at Checkout Veterinary have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours. Checkout Veterinary offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, he or she will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0—6 months
- Junior: 7 months—2 years
- Prime: 3—6 years
- Mature: 7—10 years
- Senior: 11—14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, he or she will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately, your cat's health will impact your relationship with him or her.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Therefore, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior, please call our office.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Checkout Veterinary, we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger to both your pet and your family, so let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms.
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness.
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat.
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments.
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat.
- Microchip ID: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely should he or she become lost.
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early.
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline. We are now offering Solensia- the first and only FDA-approved treatment to control osteoarthritis pain in cats
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs.