Dr. Marty Greer of Checkout Veterinary, located in vibrant and scenic Dane County, Wisconsin, is seeking a full-time or part-time energetic veterinarian to join her one-of-a-kind progressive and growing small animal practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented with strong client education skills, and be a dedicated, enthusiastic team player.
* Future partnership opportunities may become available for the right candidates as Checkout Veterinary, Nature's Preserve Pet Care, and Veterinary Village continue to expand.
As an associate veterinarian at Checkout Veterinary, you will appreciate our unique Drive through pet wellness center and at our sister clinic 2 miles away, a well-stocked pharmacy, laboratory, digital full-body radiology, surgical monitoring equipment including BP, pulse Ox, CO2 and ECG, ultrasound, therapy laser, as well as a highly trained technical and friendly support staff. We proudly utilize Hippo and eVetPractice as our practice management software in a highly collaborative work environment.
We work with specialists in multiple fields through referrals as well as through visiting specialists. Our close proximity to large 24-hour referral and emergency centers allows us to offer our staff the family-friendly benefits of no overnight emergencies. The University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine is also approximately 30 minutes away.
We focus on a high standard of client education and medicine while working with the client to develop a manageable patient care plan. Our hospital stresses an integrated approach to preventive care, dentistry, exceptional medical workups & treatments, surgery, as well as behavior and nutrition counseling.
Our staff-to-doctor ratio is approximately 3:1. Our normal work schedules are flexible and feature no overnight on-call duty. Our technical staff includes highly trained Certified Veterinary Technicians and assistants.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and detailed resume in a PDF format to the attention of Dr. Marthina Greer at [email protected].
- All applications will be treated as confidential.
- We will only be able to personally respond to qualified candidates.
- Please include your resume and up to two additional documents.
We are looking for just the right individual with 2+ years of experience in general medicine and surgery to join our dynamic and compassionate team, and we will consider recent graduates with exceptional medicine and communication skills.
The right candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented, have strong client education skills, and be a team player.
The position requires a minimum of 26 hours per week, but full-time is preferred in order to keep up with our growing clientele.
*Motivated new and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
You'll be part of an amazing team that is passionate about our patients, our practice, and our supportive work environment.
- Internship training is encouraged but not required.
- Surgical proficiency with spays, neuters, mass removals, and dentistry is rewarded but is not required.
We have a strong team of 8 doctors to mentor you in areas you desire assistance in.
You need to be a person of good character, customer service oriented, hard-working, detail-oriented, thorough, timely, a good communicator, friendly, teachable, and obviously a pet lover!
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing and eligibility to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Wisconsin.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a professional background check and drug test.
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Personal Pet Discounts
- Generous PTO & Sick Time Offerings
- Continuing Education (CE) Allowance
- Veterinarian Membership Dues and Licensing Fees
- And a fantastic staff to work with.